Thursday, September 10, 2009

Busy-Busy!


It's hard to believe that I haven't posted since August 28th! For my devoted blog friends, that's just not acceptable! The reason is that we've been busy-busy! In the 12 days since I last posted, we have:
  • Enjoyed a wonderful visit from my sis Marilyn and bro-in-law Guy including a great outdoor brunch at my bro Larry's and sis-in-law Barb's
  • Gotten involved in a large grant writing process at IU and graded 3 weeks worth of student postings plus handled a large number of student questions/concerns
  • Enjoyed an Indian's ballgame with our good friends Nick, Roni and Lori
  • Gotten all the plans off the ground for a meet/greet party for our son Joel and his soon-to-be wife Jo here in Indy Thanksgiving weekend
  • Gone to see Mo twice
  • Visited with all our kids multiple times by phone
  • Accomplished a few hours of consulting
  • Deep cleaned a closet or two
  • Strength trained twice
  • Started our kitchen upgrade searching for appliances, counter tops, etc.
  • Enjoyed our annual fantasy football draft and after-party at brother Larry's
  • Enjoyed a great visit with our dear friend Steve while he was in town for a conference
  • Started planning a retirement party for a beloved colleague and friend
  • etc., etc....you get the picture!
So not an excuse, but instead a celebration of getting back to life after treatment! If ever a family was doing that with blazing speed, it's us!

I also want to share that it seems that every book I've read on breast cancer involves a post-treatment scare or two. Well--I've had mine. For about a month, I've had some spot-tenderness under my operative arm right on my chest wall. And of course, you know how it goes...you talk yourself "in" and "out" of calling the doctor about ten times before you call. Anyhoo, I finally called and got in quickly to see my surgeon yesterday. Thankfully, it's just some scarring around a rib cage nerve (intercostal neuroma for you medical people out there) that hopefully will settle down as I heal a bit more.

So all is well here and life is at full pace for all the Meek's! And for my friend Cathy---sorry, I'm tired of being a Volkswagon...I'm a racy red Ferrari once more!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is going well with you. But remember...don't over do....if you get everything done on your "to do" list then bravo...if you don't, it will be there tomorrow, no worries! Still have your list before God's throne of grace. Many hugs & many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well said Bert! God first, helping others second, then whatever else fits in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read the update. I was starting to worry that we hadn't heard about you for a while. Tell Brooke I am enjoying her postings as well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete