Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Needed Reminder

Of course, leave it up to my God to put me in exactly the right place at the right time. My mind has been racing ahead of my body lately. I have no problem with motivation...my desire to do lots of things is there, but my body is lagging behind. I find that if I push in the way that I was so used to doing...I pay the price!

So it was a perfect thing that my friend Kathy Carrier did this week when she invited me and 2 other ladies to lunch. There we sat, outside at Le Meridian, on the most gorgeous of days, getting to know each other.

I quickly knew that Tiffany was a "Julie Meek" in the work ethic sense. She was an exec with Roche Diagnostics, traveling internationally for them, and like me, she had a job that was 24/7. She willingly shared that she is a breast cancer survivor...for 2 years now...YEAH! She is radiant! So I asked her...'how long did it take before you really felt like yourself again?"

She said "a year and a half". I was stunned! Here I am, 3 1/2 months post treatment expecting to feel totally back to normal and this amazing woman, who had surgery, chemo and radiation like me and who is equally as anxious as I am to get life back to normal...said a year and a half!

WOW--what a perfect person for God to put before me! What a gift Tiffany is to me. I guess I need to be more patient! Thank you Kathy...for always caring for me in such unique and wonderful ways amidst your busy life!

2 comments:

  1. God is an on time God...and yes He put Tiffany in your path to tell you what I have been saying all along...don't overdo and don't get ahead of God and His time line for your healing. The cancer is gone, but now is the time your body is regenerating what it lost with the chemo. Hang in there, learn your limits and remember if it doesn't get done today and you get raptured in the night, what difference would it really make? Huggs!

    ReplyDelete