Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Good Report Today

It was a big day. Up at 6:45, out at 7:40a for a quick run to Starbuck's for a Venti Awake hot tea to sustain me through the morning, mammy's gramed at 8a, bone density test at 9a, quick check-in with research clinical trial nurse at 10:30a, exam and nice chat with surgeon Dr. Goulet at 11a, check-in with oncology nurse and exam at 11:30a, then labs drawn around noon and a 45-min wait for the OK to proceed, then Zometa from 1-4p.

So the net/net out of all that was I'm FINE! Only thing we found out was that I have osteopenia (the first hint of less bone density). So I can't imagine what my bones must have looked before I had 8 Zometa bone-strengthening treatments! Turns out this participation in a clinical trial thing might just have some side benefits in addition to preventing cancer recurrence in my bones!

Cool beans! Feels good to be getting through my time of highest recurrence risk.

Off to bed now...

3 comments:

  1. Great news! Bet you'll sleep good tonight. Love ya bunches...munch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God, Praise God, Praise God for the all clear! He is truly aweseome & faithful. Calling in a favor if you will. A dear friend of mine, Myra, was just diagnosed with breast cancer. I don't know the extent as of yet, but I do know that God is faithful and what He has done for you He will most definately do it for Myra. The favor??? For you to help me keep sweet Myra before God's throne of grace and to command yet another miraculous healing. Many hugs dearest sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks to all who commented and welcome Lucy! Also to my dear friend Bert, of course we will keep sweet Myra before our Lord in prayer. Make sure she reads my historical posts that go along with where she is in treatment, as my hope is that my words, written now a year ago may help her! Blessing, Julie

    ReplyDelete