Friday, August 13, 2010

Another Milestone


Yesterday was a full day for me at Simon Cancer Center, but one filled with great news:
  • Mammogram was normal
  • Blood work sees nearly all parameters now normalized--white count still a bit low
  • I've lost 7 of the 15 lbs I gained last year due to treatment
  • My dear surgeon says I don't ever need to see him again...I'll miss him, but what great news
  • My Zometa treatment went well with only one needle stick this time, so I actually left without a bruised up arm
It's funny that I looked back at my goal list and thought I was near normal energy last August...how silly of me! I think I had just forgotten what feeling good really felt like. I've had a significant upsurge in energy the last six weeks or so, so I'm beginning to see my old self on the horizon and believe that I may once again get back to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment