Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Healthy as a Horse!


Well, I had my first mammogram today and all is well! I had a couple of 'suspicious spots' but one was the normal pocket of fluid that forms when you take a tumor out of a body...the body has a way of filling that spot with something. The other was just knarly fat lobules which happen because the radiation causes all kinds of changes in your breast tissue.

So the news was great today!

I was amazed at my experience, as I shared some conversation with 2 women in the waiting room. One had been post-treatment for a little over a year and the other for six years. What amazed me was that they were BOTH equally nervous. I guess that's part of the 'new normal' they talk about. As for me, I wasn't really worried. I guess because I've chosen not to be worried because it really doesn't do any good. If you worry and the cancer never comes back, then you've wasted all that time. If you worry and the cancer does come back, it still doesn't change the outcome--you just deal with it at that point. So what's the point of worrying?

I know I'm weird in that way, but I'd rather laugh it up and be carefree then spend my days worrying!

3 comments:

  1. Well truthfully, worrying is a sin. So you are being a good girl and doing what the Father has commanded you! Praise God things are clear....He is ever faithful!!! Glad to hear things are returning to what is normal for you....just remember though...don't overdo! Do what you can with what the time of the day allows but don't overdo. Many hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!!!!.....so smart about that worry thing. But I know it is hard for people not to do. Take care and celebrate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear! I'm glad you're doing so well! -Rachel

    ReplyDelete