Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

In anticipation of an absolutely wonderful upcoming weekend of time with family and friends, I thought I would prompt you to comment on what you're most thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Here's my list:
--My dear husband Ted
--That our kids, daughters-in-law, grandbabies and babe-in-womb are so healthy and are all happy and prospering
--That my life is so full of people to love and who love me back
--That we will gather on Saturday for a wonderful party to honor Joel and Jo's engagement with so many of our friends and family
--That I have some days, though still too rare, where I feel like my old self again, but that I'm improving month by month
--Most importantly, that God loves me!

Can't wait to read your comments! Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. #1 - For my relationship with God and His wonderful gift of love Jesus. He is my Father and I love Him dearly...my life was so empty without Him.
    #2 - For my sweet husband, who is a gift from God. When he grates on my nerves I know it is God sharpening my character.
    #3 - My wonderful step kids...my daughter I haven't seen or talked to for over 2 months & my wonderfully sweet red headed stepson who lives with me & his dad. I enjoy knowing when I wake up in the morning he is here and seeing his sweet face when I get home from work.
    #4 - That God has decided to use me as His hands & feet to serve others in spite of my weaknesses & failures. God has shown me my worth in His kingdom.
    #5 - My church family. I live many miles away from my biological family members and we are not very close. But God has made sure I wasn't lonely on the holidays by surrounding me with many church family members.
    #6 - My job and my boss. I am still gainfully employed and my boss is a pleasure to work for. I have had periods in my life where I was unemployed and worried about how the bills would get met. I have also worked for some bosses that were a bite in the shorts! I am thankful I have a job I enjoy and a boss who is compassionate & someone I can learn a lot from.
    #7 - My home. God brought me to my home 1 year ago this month! It was an answer to prayer and I am blessed to be this comfy and cozy.
    #8 - God's mighty hand of provision & protection for my family & friends. I have had the awesome pleasure this past month to be His hands & feet to a friend who had no other place to go. God has blessed my home & my buying power to where we all have everything we need. He has blessed us with protection as well as we all have been healthy in spite of all the sickness that seems to be surrounding us.
    I could go on, but this is supposed to be a comment; not a novel. Hugs

    ReplyDelete