Sunday, January 23, 2011

Zumba-Schwumba

Ah the best laid plans.  I went to my first Zumba class a couple of weeks ago and had an absolute blast....loved it!  But the next day was not pretty...my old ACL-repaired left knee blew up..swollen and painful.

Once again, a little-talked-about sequelae of cancer treatment...you don't feel good, you aren't as active, you lose muscle strength that's hard to get back.  So after a quick trip to the knee surgeon, the net/net is that there's no Zumba in my immediate future.  I've got lots of cycling and "elliptical-ing" ahead plus some serious strength training.  Turns out my left leg is one third weaker than my right leg..YIKES!  He doesn't even want me to walk for exercise.

So it's me and Teddy at the local YMCA for the next few months!  Just another reminder that if you don't use it...ya lose it...and the losing is at a fast and furious rate at our age!  Where are you Jane Fonda?

No comments:

Post a Comment