Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions


It's January 2nd and I'm still not at all interested in setting a New Year's resolution. Call me old, call me unmotivated...I prefer to think of myself as more experienced! I've learned that 'life comes at ya fast' and that for the most part, my plans quickly run off course and pale in comparison to my Maker's.

So I'm just gonna take life as it comes....try to feel a bit better as each day comes, try to brighten someone's day, try to be a shoulder to cry on or to be of help to someone in need, try to enjoy every ounce of joy I can squeeze out of each precious day, try to love and be loved more.

That's it!

3 comments:

  1. I made 1 resolution many years ago and have stuck to this one "no more New Year's Resolutions!" I used to make them and you know how things can change quickly in one's life...also we humans can sometimes be lazy and neglect some promises we make. A resolution is a promise and I decided one year I wasn't going to make any promises I had no intentions or motivation to keep. It is a resolution worth making.

    This year I have decided to join a group of saints and daily walk through God's word...I started at a few seconds after midnight Dec 31st/January 1st. Was the best decision I made. Day 4 and I am still on track. It takes 21 days to develop a habit good or bad. Am making it my goal to make this a daily habit without fail. Many hugs & WELCOME TO THE WORLD HARRISON!!!! So cute all bundled up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dearest Bert:
    So glad you are joining me in the "no resolution" mode! I think as we grow older, we're more appreciative that life is just too complicated and often interferes with our best intentions! So glad you're doing your year's walk with the Lord's word. I did that long ago and it was well worth the effort! Thanks too for your welcome to yet another Meek...he is a doll baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched Charlie Brown's New Years show this year. Lucy says, Hey, Chuck, did you make any New Years resolutions? He said, Yes, you know how I used to dread the whole year? Well, now I am only going to dread one day at a time.

    I took that in the best spirit possible and figure that is Chuck's way of saying, phooey on resolutions, just take things one day at a time.

    I am liking that.

    ReplyDelete