Monday, December 28, 2009

Grandbaby Harrison is Born!

Anticipating the birth of a child is right up there in the top 10 list of anxiety-producing experiences for a grandmother! And when you know that the baby is really big or really small, the anticipation accelerates!

I was beside myself this morning anticipating the birth of our third grandchild, Harrison Charles Meek! Our son Brian and daughter-in-law Brooke arrived at the hospital at the top hour of today at 1AM. Anticipating that things would be well moved along, I spent a near-sleepless night at the hotel and finally got in the shower to calm myself down around 6AM. Brian called around 8A...I couldn't grab the phone fast enough. All my overnight worries were for naught as we learned that it had taken awhile to check Brooke in and they had just started some light labor. Brian texted us again around 10AM to say that the contractions were stronger. I couldn't contain myself, so Ted, Kyle and I went to see a movie to try and distract me.

Then the beautiful news came! Around 12:35p, Brian texted us baby Harrison's picture and he had arrived...10 lbs, 9 oz...that's right folks...a veritable walking, talking toddler emerged to greet the world at 22 inches long and healthy as can be! Mom too! Brooke was entertaining our 'first greeting' bunch an hour later and looking amazingly good for having birthed such a boy!

I thought I did a good job containing myself in the darkness of the theater, but Kyle later shared that my sobs were 'audible' and he feared a bigger scene! I know one thing...I have no clue how "Up in the Air" ended, so if someone knows, please clue me in. I was too busy being excited to care!

So welcome Harrison! Let's hope 2010 greets your birth with lots of good news!

P.S. No close-up pic's yet...Mom will say the word when baby Harry can be viewed!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Julie!!!! I just had baby girl number 3 on the 21st of December. I hope you are doing well!!

    Blair

    ReplyDelete