Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life Must be Getting Back to Normal

I can't believe it's been ten days since my last post. But I guess it's good in a way, because the reason I haven't posted is that I've been running by b__ off! Teaching has been really busy the last ten days and we had the pleasure of co-hosting a bridal shower for our dear friend's son and daughter-in-law to be up north of South Bend all last weekend.

We estimate that among about 8 of us setting up for this shower, that we hauled about 2,000 pounds of stuff out to a marvelous tent rented for the occasion, cooked all the food, decorated lavishly, hosted the shower for about 45-50 people, then hauled all the stuff back inside in about a 14 hour period. Ted was amazed that I did it and I guess, so was I! It was so gratifying to lie in bed last Saturday night and realize that for the first time...in a long time...I could actually do something that I used to do all the time! So it feels like a great sign of recovery.

No other big news from our neck of the woods. This week has been all about preparing for class, grading assignments, talking with students, doing about ten hours of consulting work and most importantly, enjoying the evenings in our courtyard when it finally cools down at night!

We're off to St. Louis tomorrow morning to see Brian, Brooke and our twins, so we couldn't be more excited! I promise to post some good pictures of Fin and Parker next week when we return!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are feeling more and more like your old self. That is great news! We just returned from vaca so I am catching up on my blogs. Looking forward to seeing you both later in the week. Love ya, Mar

    ReplyDelete