Friday, May 15, 2009

Clouds


Did you, like me, lie on your back in the grass looking up at clouds when you were a kid? Seeing if you could see a likeness of this or that character in the clouds? Have you since that time flown above the clouds to see the splendid magnificence of the heavenly side of them? Among the most beautiful scenes I've ever witnessed is a flight that I took at sunset that gave me a breathtaking view of cloud mountains, all painted in brilliant hues of pink and purple...glorious!

I loved my devotion this morning, as it uses clouds as a metaphor for troubles that come our way where we only see the underside of our cloud. The story goes on to point out the other wondrous side of clouds as God's view of these troubles. The last line reads..."that clouds are always moving and passing before God's cleansing wind".

So we can paint our troubles in glorious hues of pink and purple, bathed in brilliant light and only temporarily there before the next wind blows them by!

So as I'm feeling the full effects of chemo and radiation with all it's bodily symptoms...a very raw chest, an irritated esophagus and the expected fatigue...they are just temporary clouds....blowing by just for a moment.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful devotional, God is so faithful to give us wisdom when we need it. I still do from time to time lay down and look at the clouds. I had the priveledge of flying to Baltimore a couple years ago, and I remember most of the trip how the clouds look from God's perspective. describing it as the heavenly side is a good analogy...when the plane got above them the sun was shining and sky was an undescribable blue, it was breathe taking and made me think if this is what heaven looks like I am in for a treat!

    Keep looking at things from God's perspective. When we face a problem and look up at it, it can appear quite large. But if we look from God's perspective, down on top of the problem, the problem is quite small and manageable. But most importantly keep looking for God in every moment. God's Blessings & gentle hugs.

    ReplyDelete