Thursday, May 21, 2009

Report Card!


Several of you have written me in the last few days asking me how I'm doing, so here goes! For starters, I have a chest you could fry an egg on! (I started to write 'a really hot chest', but knew where that would go!) It's really burned, but thankfully my skin is still intact, so according to those who guide the radiation rays my way each day, I'm doing good. I have special stuff to apply multiple times daily and have found it most helpful to fall asleep at night with an ice bag on my chest...a new cure for both my skin and those ever present hot flashes!

I'm also pretty fatigued, not enough to really slow me down much...but just enough to take a bit more mental fortitude to get up and do what I need to do each day.

The best part though is that I have just 3 treatments left...YEAH! I go tomorrow, then Tues/Wed next week and I'm officially done with radiation on the 27th! It will be great not only to start the upward trend towards healing, but also that I won't have to organize my day around this daily treatment schedule.

I wish I could say that I'm off to my first week of NO doctor appointments, but alas, not so. I have Zometa IV again on June 3rd (which is followed by 3-5 days of flu-like symptoms) and an appointment with a genetic counselor (to determine if I need genetic testing to inform family members) on June 8th.

So it looks like my first full week without ANY doc appointments will be the week of June 15th! Praise God above...really looking forward to it!

Most of all, I just continue to feel so blessed. Literally every single person that I've come in contact with at the hospital as I go for my daily treatment, is in a far worse situation. So once again, no whining is coming from this mouth...only thankfulness and anticipation of the joy of returning to a far greater sense of wellness!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the report card on your health. Still keeping you and the family in prayer. I have a clause at the end of my sign up sheet that says once you are on the list you never come off! ;o) Yep your stuck with me!!! hahaaha Praying the burning subsides as the treatments come to an end. Praying for this to have been a fluke thing rather then genetic! Gentle Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know several treatment folks suggest frozen peas to help with pain... fyi.

    ReplyDelete