Monday, December 22, 2008

Early Christmas Present!

Praise God above. Just got the path report and it's the best possible news...ER positive, PR positive, HER2 negative. I know, I know...what the heck does that mean? It means it's the most treatable form of cancer with the highest success rate. YEAH!!!

So we also had our appointment with the plastic surgeon and we're official now...going for the tire patch vs. the two-tire with realignment (for those of you just reading this, see the post below and you'll understand)! So just a lumpectomy for now. So my surgery is scheduled for next Monday, Dec 29th at 9:30am. From what I understand, I should be able to come right home after the procedure.

All the kids will already be here and all are staying over...so I'm glad Ted will have company and the love and laughter that all give him as he waits for all of this to be done.

I will definitely have radiation, but the chemo decision is still awaiting an appointment with the oncologist on Christmas Eve. This is great as Joel and Jo (our very own Dr. Chien) get in from San Fran at 9a and so Jo will be with me when I go to this appointment at 1p. How great is that?

So lots of good news today! Many, many thanks to you all..the calls, emails, visits, etc. etc continue to pour into our home and we are so very grateful for each of you!

15 comments:

  1. I'm so relieved that you received the most positive of news that you could today!
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news! It's all those prayers being lifted up. Love the blog....perfect way to communicate. We are all with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! Though this email is the first I have heard of all of this ordeal I am delighted with your great news today. I am so glad to now know so that I canbe praying along with all the others who adore you Julie. Please know that a dear friend is out here - in more than cyberspace - and wants you to know that you are a dear one. Trust in Him who gave us our faith. Love ya sweetie! Kim Harper

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELL YEE HAA! We Love you!
    Markay and Eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie,
    I saw Cito out Friday night and he told me of the shocking news. I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers this Christmas. I miss you and hope to see you again soon!

    Doug Messinger

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an answer to prayer! So happy to hear your good news!

    Jim and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules!
    Thank you for including me in you news. I'm glad you are in good hands, both medically and with your incredible family. I will pray for you daily (so will my little ones). My sister-in-law had a very similar diagnosis three years ago and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy in September. Miracles of medicine are real...but crappy to endure. You are one of the toughest broads I know, so I'm sure you'll kick butt even with a deflated tire. Much love!

    MAF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules,
    Can I just say "ditto" to Brooke's comments on her blog? You've been on my mind constantly. I too live by her friends motto that God only gives us what we can handle, but why does He have to trust us so much!?!

    I'm thrilled at your choice of Dr.s Goulet and Miller, they are both excellent!

    My mom went through this 6 years ago, lumpectomy followed by radiation. She said to have you call her if you have any questions about what to expect (from a non-medical person point of view). I'll give you her cell # at Barb's.

    Love ya' babe,
    Sue (and Bill)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So thrilled to hear your news!
    I went to bed last night praying for you and woke up at 3:00 a.m. praying for you. Needless to say, you are on my mind. Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Chet and I continue to pray for both you and Ted. Love ya! cc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Julie and Ted,
    What great news you received today! We will certainly praise God right along with you. There is no ones hands I would rather be in under any circumstances than His and I know you feel the same. You and your family will be lifted up with confidence and praise. Love ya, Julie! Greg and Linda Hardn

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are so excited that the news is brighter than before! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Joey and Kurt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jules,
    Well, you have me in tears again, but these are happy tears, thanks to God's mercy and love.

    Dr. Jerry has a prescription for you (always easier to give advice than follow, you know!): 90% Julie and family time; 10% work. I believe you probably were ignoring His subtle hints, so he had to use a 2x4!

    We all love you so, so much. May God continue to enfold both Ted and you in his loving arms.

    Jer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praise God on the news! Keeping you and the family in prayer always! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. JULIE!!! So glad to hear this news. We were all really concerned about you. Please let us know if you need anything.

    Love you lots- Missy.

    ReplyDelete