Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

All has been optimized the past 24 hours. Brian, Brooke, Parker and Finley arrived back home in St. Louis safe and sound. Dr. Jo (Joel's girlfriend) arrived safely back in San Fran. Joel is currently in the air on his flight back home. Kyle has finished producing a show in Muncie and has just arrived back here with us to spend the day before returning back to NYC tomorrow.

As for me, my pain is well controlled by pain meds. My energy is coming back. Ted and I are looking forward to dinner out with friends at Palamino's which is close by....then to be back home watching our traditional movie, "When Harry Met Sally" (sorry Ted!) and just maybe staying up to see the ball drop from the coziness of our bed.

I know most of us are happy to see 2008 come to a close. It has been a tough one on nearly all fronts. But New Year's Eve is always a hopeful night for me. I'm filled with hope as to what is ahead and I guess as I've grown older, I'm content to know that there will be both blessings and trials, but somehow when all is tallied at the end of 2009, the blessings will be what I remember! I hope your head is filled with anticipation and hope tonight!

6 comments:

  1. Hey girlfriend,

    Glad to hear you're resting comfortably (love those meds!)and that everyone will be back home safely soon. Have a relaxing dinner at Palimino's and enjoy your quiet New Year's at home with Ted. Keep up the good work!

    TFWC love,

    Gracia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for the energy returning and family getting home safe & sound. Yes this year has been a roller coaster of trials, tribulations, vitories & blessings. I like you am anxious to see what God has in store for us in 2009....been in prayer to hear a word....nothing yet but the year isn't quite over just yet :-). Praying your blessings & victories out way all the trials and tribulations of 2009. Many blessings to your wonderful family. Hugs & God's best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules
    Pat filled me in while I was in Wichita for Christmas. I know how anxious the waiting can be and the relief when you get good news. I will be in contact later. Have new e-mail will sent it to you. Know that 2009 will bring blessings to all. Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules,

    Your positive attitude (which likely surprises NO one) is going to make you the poster child at IU's Cancer Ctr. I can feel your positive vibes and I'm 1500 miles away. By keeping that core belief, which you could no more shed than fly to the moon, you are not only enhancing your perfect return to disease-free status, but offering hope and a model to all those that will follow in your path.

    love,

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right about focusing on the hope and not the downturns that 2008 brought. With apologies to Jack Nicholson said in As Good as it Gets, "you make me want to be a better person." Enjoy your evening...and continue with the positive recuperation. Much love, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Julie!!!! I wanted to let you know that you're in my prayers, and that my entire family is thinking of you. Keep smiling, and make 2009 an incredible one!
    With love,
    Dori Caras (Powell)

    ReplyDelete