Friday, January 2, 2009

Gird Your Loins--She's Back!

I awoke this morning to the realization that this really isn't a dream (funny as this seems with two incisions across my breast). It seems crazy I know, but with the speed at which everything happened (I just learned I have cancer 16 days ago!) and the many, many of you who surrounded me with love, and the holidays on top of it all, I kind of felt like I was moving through it all in a daze and that I would wake up and realize I had just been having a crazy dream.

But the reality has set in...our family has all returned to their busy lives, our home is quiet, Ted is back at work as well as many of you who are reading this blog...and it's time to stare this thing down and beat it! I love the line from Devil Wears Prada, where Stanley Tucci announces to everyone that Meryl Streep (the get-it-done editor) is about to enter the office. I want this cancer that's invaded my body to get the same announcement...I'm back and ready to beat you...so you had better hightail it outta me!

The goal for today...get my responses back to the many of you who populated my inbox with words of kindness and our life with food, flowers, cards and lotsa love! And also to finish reading "The Middle Place" by Kelly Corrigan, a heartfelt gift from our Dr. Jo (Joel's girlfriend, Dr. Jo Chien who has guided us every step of the way).

I know that many of you feel the same...the holidays have kind of shielded you for a time from things in your life that you would just prefer not to face, but now the reality is that you must this difficult issue or situation. God never gives us more than we can handle, especially if we turn to Him for guidance and help, so my prayer for you is that whatever challenge you face in your life, you will join me in saying "Gird Your Loins, (Insert your challenge), with God at my side, I'm back and ready to tackle this head on!

4 comments:

  1. You are too cute- always so positive and full of energy. Can't wait to see you again to give a big hug!

    Love you.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Julie... So glad to hear that the surgery was successful and that you are well on the road to recovery! If there's anyone that can fight their way through this and win in the end, it's you!

    Much love,

    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jules-
    Go girl!
    Pick whatever image works for you. Reminds me, a group of us used to sit in the radiation waiting room and talk about our images.. Some liked to have the image of little soldiers fighting the evil invading cancer cells with armor and weapons.

    I preferred to think of the cancer cells as misguided cells who got the wrong instruction booklet ("oops! I thought I was supposed to spread and multiply!") Mine needed a better set of instructions and firm guidance (Oh... I see, I am really supposed to be normal like my other little cell sisters).

    Others liked to just see them miraculously zapped and dissapear - like vaporizing little baloons.

    So, pick your visual and have at it.... fight 'em or pop 'em, or get them in line.

    Be well ---- Wen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Atta girl! Declare what the Father says...by His Son's stripes you are healed and whole. Keep searching out His word for healing scriptures and declare (yep say them loud and clear outloud) them! God spoke and things came into existance, works the same way for us, we do have His power & authority. Hugs

    ReplyDelete