Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Realities of Life


Isn't this a funny picture? It kind of hits home doesn't it? A capable, professional woman lovingly embraced by our son Brian, as I ice my surgical site! It's indicative that after all is said and done, ya just gotta get through it any way you can!

First of all, thanks so much to the many of you who emailed, called, or otherwise touched me in some way over the last 48 hours. I still can't believe the love that's pouring over us...it's absolutely unbelievable and incredible!! I can't tell you how helpful it is to receive these messages of support...I'm keeping track every day and listing each and every support action in my journal and you just would be amazed at the length of each day's list. Someday we'll have an "Angel" party when this is all over and we'll treat YOU to a great time of coming together to party and play and laugh and rejoice that we all got through it! It's just been wonderful.

So what's next? Many of you have said..."what can I do to help"?, but I'm faced with some realities at the moment that only I can handle or tackle. I need to complete interviews for a permanent position at IU next Mon/Tues and then again on 1/20, so pray that it all goes well as I so want to be selected for this position. I was hired on "visiting professor" monies, so this interview process will hopefully convert me from temporary salary monies to budgeted monies. My students start Monday in two of the courses I'm teaching, so I'm reading about 2-300 pages of material a week to prepare/learn these courses, though I'm blessed in that I'm assisting the primary profs in hopes that I'll be able to fill in or take over these courses eventually. A third course that I'm teaching doesn't start until 4 days after my last chemo treatment the end of March, so I'm praying that I can fulfill that responsibility but am developing a "plan B" for all. My consulting work is busy too, but I have help there as well, so that should be manageable.

I need to consult with Joel on how to do this, but I promise to give those of you wishing to find a way to help, with a "sign-up sheet" of sorts, so you can choose what best fits your desires and schedule.

By the way, the votes so far are favoring scarves, but Teddy has to weigh in, so I'll keep you posted on that front! For now, just know that Teddy, our family and I send our love out to all of you and thank you for your support and love!

3 comments:

  1. Julie,
    I don't know what I can do from here other then pray. Please feel free to email me and special prayer concerns other then those listed here on your blog to thegodcatcher@hotmail.com. I check it everyday at home. If there is something clerical wise I could do from the home computer don't hesitate to ask....I will do my utmost best to assist you via the net. Gentle Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hye Jules: I vote scarves too....classy and colorful just like you! Lots of cute hats around too! So glad your news was positive and that you get to go to FL. You both deserve some warmth and sun! Having a cup of tea which reminds me of you! See you soon! Please give me an assignment...I would love to help in any way. love ya, mar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there should be a "hat" option, so I am changing my vote from scarves to Hats.

    ReplyDelete