Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Help of Friends


Ted and I are just filled with awe at the way people have come to our aid over the last 18 days. So many of our family and friends have emailed us, commented on the blog, visited from near and far, helped us laugh, called, linked me to the best doctors, helped me sort out important treatment decisions, sent me scripture lessons and readings, brought us food, given us helpful books to read, sent flowers...yes, and even ordered me more comfortable bras to wear during my upcoming radiation, taken down our Christmas decorations, helped me shop for last minute Christmas list items, written me daily letters...the list goes on and on!

With some of you who have given so freely, I feel touches of guilt...did I help you when you needed it? Was I there for you? really? I know that at times, I wasn't. Not that my heart wasn't with you, but at times when you needed me, perhaps I was on some stupid flight or answering the 200 emails that hit my inbox daily, or dealing with some capital, operational or employee situation. For all the moments I should have been there for you and wasn't, I'm so sorry! That makes your act of kindness even more precious...it's not deserved, but you did it anyway. I love you for that.

All of this is just a solid confirmation of what love really looks like, really feels like and how coming together during a crisis for one of us, lifts up all of us!

5 comments:

  1. Julie, your One Care Street program has helped so many people improve their "...feeling and functioning..." that you have earned all the good feelings coming back to you. Good karma and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, No matter how busy you were, you ALWAYS made the time to be there when somebody needed you! No need to feel guilty, just enjoy the help, well-wishes, thoughts and prayers that are coming your way...you deserve them! Just like George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life", you have impacted many people over many years...now, you get to stand by the Christmas tree while all of us help you for a change. Who knows, you may even help Ted get his wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie you need to sit back, relax and go for the good ride! What you are receiving is very simple and I know that you know the saying is, “You reap what you sow”. Babe its coming back to you! You don’t need to do anything different, just be who you and your family are.

    You, Ted and the Boys are always in our hearts and you need to know that if there is anything we can do; call and we will be there in a heart beat! Alright maybe two beats. It was great hearing your bright and cheery voice on the phone the other day and with that alone you made us feel good. So, see you are unconsciously always there for everyone. Now its time for us to be there for you!!!!

    Love you always,
    Eric and Markay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,

    As a servant of the Lord we keep being His hands & feet serving & being His ambassador of His wonderous love that when it is our time to be on the receiving end it seems overwhelming. You have been a good and faithful servant of the Most High God, now it is your time to receive. Yes the love of God is weighty and overwhelming. When we least expect it, He sends someone to shower that love upon us. You have touched many lives with His wonderous love. We reap what we have sown. You are in a reaping season of His love, blessings & favor...enjoy it, soak it up and when it is time you will sow it back out as He shows you to do. Gentle hugs to you dear sister in Christ. I will continue to keep your family at the feet of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading your blog, it's very clear that you are really not aware of how your kind heart makes people feel. There aren't too many people in this world that can light up a room like you do. You have inspired many people along the way, including me, and I'll always be enternally grateful for that. Now, you stop worrying and get better so we can see your smiling face again!

    Love always,

    Missy

    ReplyDelete