Thursday, January 22, 2009

One Down, Three to Go!

I know that many of you are waiting and watching, so this will be brief, but I'm doing great. My first chemo treatment lasted from 1-5p today....no ill effects at all so far. Ted and I actually went out to dinner as I was starving, having eaten a light lunch in anticipation that I might be nauseous. My dear friend, Julie Burns sat with me and Ted did too for awhile, so the time went really fast and Julie's gourmet cook hubby Bob fixed us an incredible crab chowder/homemade rolls that I'm hoping we can take to St. Louis with us to share with Brooke and Brian when we leave to go see the twins tomorrow. I'm going to make a game-day decision about the trip around noon tomorrow.

They say the next 2-3 days will be when the side effects hit, if they are going to, so I'll post again over the weekend to let you all know how I'm doing. I know I'm absolutely COVERED in prayer, so I feel completely calm and at peace in that you guys are doing all the hard lifting and I just have to dwell in the love you're all sending my way! Thank you, thank you to each and every one of you for the many ways you are touching not only me, but my family as well. We really, really, really feel your love and support and it's so healing to us all!

2 comments:

  1. You do know you are my hero! So hope you get to soak up some baby hugs....best medicine possible! Keep us posted and know we are there for you. Mar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that we could come to the hair ball but we will not be back in town yet. I'll bring you a "Sleepless in Seattle" night shirt to wear when you need some down time. Hey, I think about you every morning when I'm reading the Streams in the Desert book. It is awesome and I saw that you referenced the "rest" day. Love you lots Jules! Midge

    ReplyDelete