Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!


We awoke this morning to a beautiful blanket of snow and a phone call saying that the entire IUPUI campus is closed for the day! How delicious is that? Ted and I hope you're having a hunker-down, get-out-the-blanket-and-a-good-movie, make-some-stew kind of day! I shouted for joy when I was a kid and we had a snow day...I have that kind of glee in my heart today...a day found where all obligations cease because we all have such a great excuse!

I'm also gleeful because the demons have been purged from me from the first chemo! I swear if I had been a horse, you would have just had to shoot me the last two days especially. But today, I feel like I'm coming back...my nausea is gone, the keep-me-down level of fatigue is lifting and I feel like I can find my old self today. So I'm really happy to be back with the living today. I just may take Wriggie out to play in the snow!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God you are feeling better. Been praying His joy would overcome & overtake you and strength would once again return to your body. I called my boss last night to give him the heads up I might not be at work today. Glad I did....took me & the hubby over 2 hours to dig out!!! what a mess....but thank goodness my pastor & neighbor's internet is running and they are gracious to let me borrow their computer for a few moments. Hugs!! hope wrigs enjoys the snow as much as my Prince Wooly does!

    ReplyDelete