Saturday, January 31, 2009

Party Central Reporting In!!









Well, I gotta tell ya...the Hair Ball was all we expected and MORE! I've posted pictures of the various parts of the evening and will try and describe for you here, how wonderful the party was in every way. There were about 26 of us in attendance with people arriving from 6-7p wearing hilarious hats (those are some of my Ball State roomies above) to be greeted with lots of wine, lots of great food, candles lit, and pink flowers everywhere. All signed my journal with a note and then signed my Super Bowl, Tampa Bay T-Shirt (pictured above) given to me by my Tampa-based sister Carolyn, to forever commemorate that the Hair Ball was Super Bowl weekend, that she was here, and that all who came signed this shirt! Greg, my stylist, was also placing my hair in "locks" (nice look huh?) as people were arriving.

Next the fun of donating to Susan G Komen in receipt for a lock of my hair began... with some stepping right up to bat (see Gracia below finding her lock) and others preferring to have Greg cut a lock for them. In all, we raised $545 (!!!!!) for those locks of hair and even more, as I've heard from several of you, that you've made a donation too! What a wonderful blessing to my heart, to take something awful and turn it into something so wonderful! Thank you, thank you!


Once all my locks were cut, Greg gave me this fabulous new short doo (that's Moni pictured below with me), which as you can see was very well received! Our neighbor and dear friend Melodie gathered us all in a circle and collectively prayed the most beautiful prayer of healing for me and for our family...as she lifted us up, I could hear more than a few sniffles and the hand squeezing and collective prayer were so heartfelt. In PURE Melodie-style, she ended the prayer by saying "...and please God, fill Ted's heart with your spirit, to buy Julie the hottest, most expensive pair of great earrings he can find". With that, people roared with AMEN! and laughter and "I BELIEVE"!! It was the perfect reminder that God brings great comfort and laughter with our tears, from our dear Mel!



Then the wine flowed some more and we had such fun with not only my new wig, but also a hot red wig that Gracia brought...so we all took turns trying them both on and well, the comments were well you know...quite hilariously fun! Tom McGettigan and Ted were trading barbs that can't be published (hee, hee!--see more pictures of all of that fun to the right).

All in all, we partied until just before midnight...so I'm fairly certain people were having a great time! Kyle, Joel & Jo and Brian all called which made the night even more perfect. I laid in bed a lonnnnng time reflecting on all my blessings! God is good! Many, many thanks to all who were here, in both body and spirit! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment