Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Coming Out of the Gate!


Hi all: This will be short and sweet as I'm not quite back to normal yet, but know that many are wondering how I'm doing post-third chemo round. This time, either I'm getting used to it, or my strategies are working better. I felt the crummiest Sunday afternoon and yesterday all day, but today, unlike last time, I'm at least able to get up a bit. I've dressed, caught up on email and thank you's, read a student's thesis in preparation for her defense tomorrow morning and had multiple phone conversations related to IU stuff. Last time, I was down, down all day Tuesday. So we like, like, like this improvement! My right arm still looks like a battlefield...they really had trouble finding a vein this time, so I've got 4 large bruises and feel compelled to hide my arm, lest people think I've been in a fight and lost!

Also wanted to share the great praise that my job at IU was finalized today! In these crazy economic times, I'm so very thankful that my Associate Professor role at IU has now been finalized and will provide me an opportunity to not only contribute greatly to the students and the school over the coming years, but also to provide Ted and me with all the benefits therein. All my colleagues at the school have been absolutely amazing in their support of my new role there, despite my lack of ability to be fully operational right now, so it's even more of a blessing. So many, many prayers of thanks are going heaven-ward for this news today. Go IU!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for securing your position at IU. He certainly lives up to His name....Jehovah Jireh, God of our provision! Praise God as well for the quick rebound this time from chemo...definately an answered prayer. As for them not finding a vein.....a nurse friend of mine suggests that perhaps you are a bit dehydrated.....pump up your water intake and this should help. Will pray the bruises heal and go away quickly. Gentle Hugs!

    ReplyDelete