Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Healing Power of Friends


I'm still blown away. As most of you know, I love and adore my TFWC friends. For those of you who wonder what TFWC stands for...it's a secret that will never be told, so forget about trying to get that out of any of us! Anyhoo, all eight of us lived in Rogers Hall at Ball State together and let's just say we completely bonded over the fun, perils, thrills and heartbreaks of college life...living, learning and well, just helping each other grow up...OK, so that part didn't quite happen!!

At first we got together for our own wedding showers and weddings, followed by lots of baby showers and babies, then play dates and birthday parties for our kids, and now weddings for our kids and showers for our grandbabies. So as you can see, you can pretty much name the triumph or tragedy...one of us has had it happen, but we've been through all life has brought to each of us...together. In addition, for 33 years, we've been gathering for a weekend every summer and since our kids have grown and left home leaving a little more time for Mom, we've added a winter retreat at my house too.

But this weekend they said was just for me. So it all started Saturday afternoon at our house, as all came from far and wide....and the best part...our dear Susan flew in from Denver to surprise me!! I'm still speechless! Last night was filled with laughter, lots of healing hugs, all the junk food you could ever want...and a very special surprise gift. My jewelry collection consists of 2 pairs of earrings, so as I was getting my PJ's on, I came back downstairs to see literally at least 20 pairs of gorgeous hoop earrings to wear with my scarves...all given from their own collections with some new ones sprinkled in. They also gave me a special pink ribbon bracelet/matching earrings that I will wear each day until my treatment is completely over, remembering the love that went into this very special weekend of love in my life!

We ended the weekend with a group hug filled with loving words and prayers that will last in my memory forever. So thank you, thank you (pictured above left to right) Moni, Gracia, Geri, Munch and Susan plus Connie W (came too, but left pre-picture) and Connie B (protecting me from her flu virus, so called instead). You are the best forever girlfriends--what a lucky girl I am to have you all in my life! TFWC forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment