Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Do You Know That Feeling?


Do you know that feeling? There's something you need to do...but you just don't want to. Even the thought of knowing what you need to do brings a bad feeling in your gut, yet you know you must face it and do it anyway. Well, Ted and I are both having one of those weeks for different reasons.

For Ted, the tough economy combined with the ever-changing and challenging world of graphic technology, make life difficult for his customers, thereby making life challenging for him. For me, it's yet another round of much-needed chemotherapy, and knowing that behind it, I'll likely have another week of non-productivity, which of course is very frustrating to this "must keep my to-do list done" person!!

So I'm heads down Monday through Wednesday trying to get papers graded and reading done for my teaching job in addition to some catch-up on consulting work. Ted is working hard to help his customers solve their problems and meet their needs with his ever-dedicated focus to bringing them the best expertise and effort he can bring.

But most importantly, we're both girded by faith...that our hardship brings a greater leaning on our God of love and comfort, that our heartfelt efforts will be recognized by those we seek to serve, and that our love and support of each other will carry us someday to an easier time.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I am quite familiar with that feeling of knowing I am to do something yet that tinge of "I really don't want to" creeps in. But there is good news....we were given authority over all creeps! (insert giggle here) According to Philippians 4:13 (my life motto) "I can do ALL things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me." I have committed that piece of scripture to my life and it is oh so true! When I, the physical Bert, do things while abiding in Christ, continually in the spirit realm, I seem to get more accomplished and I don't have to go back to fix it.
    Keep your priorities in check right now....God first, Spouse second and everything else in line by importance and things will work out. Romans 8:28 "And we KNOW that ALL things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." You KNOW this, now activate in your lives...every aspect of your lives. Do not worry about the job Ted, submit it to Christ and He will work out all the details. Julie this is treatment 3 of 4....I am standing in faith this one will be easier then the last, that your strength (His joy) will be rebound quicker and that the down time will be an encounter with Him in His precious garden. Loving you both oh so much & keeping you all in God's capable hands. Major welcome back hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete