Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Last Chemo is DONE!

Just a quick post to let you all know that chemo went really well this morning. No problems this time finding a vein and I actually finished an hour early. So though Sat/Sun/Mon will be 'down days', somehow that's OK as I know it's my last time to go through that.

I saw my oncologist before the chemo and was informed that once radiation is over, they won't do a mammogram for 3-4 months to let me heal a bit before squishing me while still tender from the radiation. They do mammo's twice a year for 3 years. I'll also be followed more closely because I'm in the Zometa clinical trial, so I'll be tested and see my oncologist every 3 months during that entire 3 years. One of the nice benefits of being in the trial I suppose is that you're watched more closely.

Also, thanks so much for the extra postings to my last blog!! Appreciate hearing from you and continuing to receive your love and support through this long journey. That's hard to sustain...I have often not been very good at that...so I guess I'm amazed even more when you continue to reach out despite the fact that it's now been nearly four months! So thank you again to all of you, who touch my life in various ways, for being so amazingly thoughtful and loving. I cherish every touch!

6 comments:

  1. You were in my thoughts and prayers yesterday. Yippie the chemo is done! Praying this last round will have little affect on your stamina, energy & all around general health. I have watched you go through each stage and your bounce back got progressively better. Now onto radiation. Praise God you only have 4 of those, but from what I understand from a friend of mine these go easier then the chemo. Then of course you should start seeing your lovely locks come back in. Another friend of mine's came back in baby fine, which was a good change from her coarse hair she had before, but was bad in the sense she didn't know what to do with it! Be like David, encourage yourself in the Lord...review the prayers answered list and the mental list of blessings He has brought you...then put on a good praise and worship cd and dance like David in your underwear! Yes you probably will get funny looks from Wrigley & Ted...but it is so much fun who cares! Big gentle hugs dear sister.

    To Anonymous who posted on 3/25/09 @ 2:04 p.m., I am a girl ;o). No apologies necessary it is ok....many have gotten it confused. Daddy calls me Bert, Barnabas & Esther. We all are sons of God & the bride of Christ. No comment is lame, just make sure you leave one for I know my sweet sister reads and enjoys them all. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ya too Jiles ---- glad this part is over for you. Munch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Julie, I'm one of those who reads every single entry of your amazing blog but hasn't taken the time to comment! Forgive me, though you are constantly in my daily thoughts and prayers and have been from the moment I heard of your illness. You are the bravest and most positive individual I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and your mighty faith has been an inspiration to me. My busy life caring for my mom and sister eats up most of my time but know that you are always in my heart. May God continue to bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I've been reading but haven't posted but will now. Glad to hear the chemo is over (what a drain I'm sure)....will be anxious to hear how the radiation goes....have fun with all your family! Take care, Noel

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go, girl! A big hurdle but you handled it with your usual grace. Thinking of you, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looked great when I saw you yesterday after the chemo, and I hope you're not feeling too run down yet. If you're not being innundated with food still, I was going to bring you a breakfast casserole this weekend so you won't have to worry about cooking while you're recovering from your last bout of chemo. Let me know if my offering of food will be useful!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete