Thursday, March 26, 2009

What Cancer Cannot Do!


I was checking out yesterday from my doc appointment and this poem was posted on the desk of the neat lady who did my check-out. I was able to find it on the Internet and wanted to post, as the words so reflect how I'm choosing to ride through this journey and in fact, through my life.

Cancer is so limited ...
It cannot cripple love,
It cannot shatter hope,
It cannot corrode faith,
It cannot eat away at peace,
It cannot destroy confidence,
It cannot kill friendship,
It cannot shut out memories,
It cannot invade the soul,
it cannot reduce eternal life,
It cannot quench the spirit,
It cannot lessen the power
of the resurrection. Anonymous

I am WELL because I have abundant blessings of love, relentless hope and faith, peace in my heart, confidence yet humility and awe at the amazing gifts of people around me, abundant and pouring-over-me friendships, happy happy memories, a soul at peace with myself and my Lord, and the promise of eternal life, an ever-so positive spirit, and most importantly, the promise of my Christ's resurrection that by His grace and forgiveness, there isn't anything that can swallow me if I lean on Him!

Nuf' said!

2 comments:

  1. AMEN & AMEN....now get to dancing like David in your underwear! I know it sounds silly to some but you all should just really try it....you don't have to literally dance in your underwear...but do like David did....cut one heck of a rug in praise to the Lord. David was so consumed by his love for God that he couldn't help himself....it was a big burst of spontaneous worship that couldn't be contained. David's wife was embarassed but David didn't care....he just danced! So now that Julie has got her praise on, the rest of you beloved Meeks need to get on the band wagon or dance floor and cut a rug!
    ~Doin a funky dance of Joy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jules,
    I love this poem and will keep it close by. I hope you know how much Mike and I love you and lift you up everyday in our prayers. I have been so darn busy this year with my own set of issues, that I have not posted here but have read every single entry. You are a true inspiration to us all and a beautiful friend. Thanks again for attending my dad's memorial service. Now, get ready for a wonderful family vacation in Tucson and love on those beautiful babies! Midge

    ReplyDelete