Thursday, April 16, 2009

Better, Better...GOOD!

I'm happy to report that for really the first time in some 20+ days, I'm feeling much, much better! And it's timed with the arrival of some great sunshine today after way too many days of cold temps and gray skies hanging on as if the winter just doesn't want to let go! Starting late last week, as my white count came back up, I began to have enough of those little guys around to actually cause me to 'feel' the inflammatory response of the pneumonia and just generally to be achy, a tad feverish and a lot tired.

So I'm really glad that starting on Monday, I was able to go to work for a few hours and to spend serious hours grading papers Monday and Tuesday to get caught up. I was out and about most of the day yesterday and though really tired last night, I felt good enough to take on the whole day. And this morning, I feel even better. So the ole' bod has done a great job once again! I'm so thankful to my Maker for the wonderful, mysterious and glorious ways that the human body recovers from such insults! We are wonderfully made!

2 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD! According to His word we were created by His "workmanship". The original Greek word for workmanship is "poema" where we get the word POEM from. God is continually adding to the Poem of our lives. He needed you still and quiet before Him so He could write the next part of the prose called Julie! He is truely an awesome poetic God & majestic King! Thank You again Father for the blessings of Your Poem called Julie Meek in my life. Thank You again for the work You have done in her and are doing through her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To all those who haven't linked to Bert's blog, you should! And thank God for you too Bert...for your love of our family and the multiple poetic entries to my blog that are read by so many!

    ReplyDelete