Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ferrari Spirit, Volkswagon Body!

OK, I admit it. I'm frustrated...really frustrated. My mind is ready to go...ready to move on...ready to get walkin' in this beautiful weather...ready to get caught up at play and at work.

But my body on the other hand, is lagging behind! It's achy and stiff from being in bed at the hospital and gets tired way too fast. I've had to take a nap each day...a luxury that I know many of my readers lust for...but not me.

My "mind-engine" is full of life and plans and people to be with and fun things to do, so I'm ready to bounce back...ready to move on, ready to get goin'! I've got a bright and shiny exterior (especially my bald head), gas in the tank (great nutrition), no hitches in my electrical system (all nerves firing), a slightly clogged air filter (still the tiny remains of pneumonia), a gorgeous interior (my soul content with this journey), and great capacity for acceleration (motivation).

But oh, what's this? I forgot. I don't see my hands on the steering wheel! Of course, I'm not in charge of this engine! I have to be a Volkswagon for a bit longer...but it feels good to vent about it anyway!

3 comments:

  1. Jiles,
    Well, I'm back to work after break and was surprised to read on your blog and catching up with my e-mails here at work, that you were in the hospital. I feel horrible that I did not know this. I praise God that you are now home and feeling better. Continue to be that Volkswagon! I know you will be making that family trip next week. What better medicine can you ask for! Think of you everyday and in my prayers constantly.

    TFWC love,
    Gracia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...the truth is you are still a Ferrari, but you were put in the shop for a tune up! Until the Master Mechanic is done and takes you off the lift you are stuck. So rather then wiggle, struggle, and grumble....why not just stay put and have a praise-a-thon. Let's face it...only HE can & will tell you it is time to rise and shine and go forth. Until then try, and I mean try, to be patient....do not whatever you do pray for patience as He will give it to you and then proceed to test you nine ways to Sunday. All things work for His glory and our good....so for His glory be obedient and stay put because to get up and get moving ahead of Him certainly won't be good for you! TED WHERE IS THAT DUCT TAPE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relax....you are just experiencing what mere mortals go through every day! I am sure you still out perform all the competition as usual! Deep breaths....spring is coming! love ya, mar

    ReplyDelete