Friday, April 10, 2009

Dr. Wrigglebee I Presume!!


Dr. Wrigglebee had been fully in charge of my healing since I got home from the hospital. Here is his treatment plan...
--Lying beside me constantly to monitor all signs and symptoms
--Expecting me to follow him upstairs daily for an afternoon nap
--Kisses on my ear multiple times daily to inject his healing dog-potion
--Making me take him outside so that I'll get some fresh air
--Bringing me his ball multiple times a day, so I remember to play

All in all, his plan is working beautifully. All signs are my return to high white counts and good health are right on track!

Oh, and Dr. Wrigglebee wanted me to tell you all that he's not taking new patients right now...he says I'm a handful and all he can manage at the moment!

5 comments:

  1. With that 10,000 yard stare, he must have been a Wishard ED MD for some years!

    Just catching up on your whole blog... obviously we have and deliver Zometa, but you may not know my Mom has been on Zometa in the clinical trial now for a year, and has also done fosamax and boniva for osteoperosis, so I have incidental clinical/ and personal info on your bone strengthener.

    Also, I hear, get wind of clinical trials sometimes before they are posted, so if there's something you are thinking about let me know and I can snoop.

    Oh, I thought you'd be proud, I was on a call with Sanofi and Accenture about a pre/post design study of prostrate and colorectal Cx this morning and I dropped all sorts of knowledge about 'study run off' and pre/post design that was all from your tutalidge! Think these researchers heads were spinning! 100 pts for a pre/post with 6 month total window with intervention!? Are they on crack!?

    gzp - hope you get a snicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. prostrate = prostate... no grammar checking apparently... gzp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I was wondering if you considered any drug therapy for the neutropenia... I know the FDA/HMS/CMS is really making it hard to prescribe and treat with those drugs (wont name any), but they really work well in the pts. who do get them. fyi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Grant: Thanks for all the good info. Glad all those years around my geeky, researchy self are helping you now! And the docs did consider a bone marrow stimulator, but I was gaining ground so fast, they said I was going to be just fine without..turned out they were right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww now wrigley has gotten a new career! Glad to see ole Wrigs paid attention to the attending physician's advice! Pets are very therapuetic. A friend of mine who is being healed of depression has a toy chihuahua named Happy. When she is bummed she calls for Happy and he never fails to cheer her up!

    ReplyDelete