Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We're Back!


We all made it safe and sound to Tucson and now back to our respective lives post-celebratory weekend. We all had a wonderful kick-back time in an absolutely gorgeous location thanks to our friends, Alisa & Lance Wright's generosity. Their home could not have been a more perfect place for all of us to enjoy each others company. Parker and Finley (our 20 month old twin grand babies) suffered a bit from the two hour time change, so woke up perfectly on time, despite the fact that it was 4-5AM in Tucson! Brian and Brooke were the consummate coping parents despite this fact and also that the twins learned quickly how to climb out of their Pac n' Plays the first day! I picked this picture of Kyle with the babes on his lap as he innocently felt he could work on his laptop, only to have Finley pick off multiple keys! Kyle--hope your "C" key gets fixed soon!


We swam, hot tubbed, took great walks, hiked one day, cooked great food (that's Ted below making his signature French Toast--YUM!), sunned ourselves, played Domino's and most of all, just enjoyed sitting on the deck chatting away while gazing out on the beautiful spring desert and mountains. So my 56th birthday was just awesome!



Many thanks to our son Kyle who came from New York, our son Joel and his girlfriend Jo, who came from San Francisco and Brian, Brooke and the babes, who trekked more baggage and baby equipment than a Conestoga wagon, from St. Louis. All of them have super packed-in lives and demanding jobs, so Ted and I really appreciate what it took for them to come celebrate with us!

I started radiation Tuesday morning. My chest looks like an op-art artist ran a muck! It's painted all over with lines of various lengths and angles so that they can line up the machines properly each day! Today, I learned that I need to carry work or reading material with me each day and think of all afternoon plans as tentative as my promised 20 min stay turned into two hours! I was not a happy camper!

Ah well, two days down and only 18 more to go, so that's what I need to stay focused on! It's very easy to feel blessed while waiting my turn, as all the others I see and talk to are much more seriously ill than I am! It's also easy to see why fatigue plays such a role as many drive from distant places each day to receive treatment, while I live a whole mile away and work across the street! So no complaints will emerge out of my mouth! I am once again, truly blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I had no clue! Glad you all had a wonderful time. Ted cooking?? Learn something new everyday huh? Makes good french toast too huh? Does he even clean up afterwards?? Sounds like it was a splendid vacation. Sorry to hear about the wait for radiation, but gives you plenty of time to pray for the others waiting as well. Huggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful stay! I feel half of Brooke and Brian's pain, ha. LJ had a hard time getting used to things in FLA. As you look back on it though, it is all soooooo very worth it!! We'll be thinking about you. Let me know if you need anything. My days off are Wed and Thurs. xoxo Leah

    ReplyDelete