Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rewarding Myself!

I feel really good that chemo is over. I was doing a task I've done a gazzilion times over these past two semesters...printing off readings, punching holes, stapling and getting my course work organized, when it hit me...I need a reward! So here's a picture of the 30+ year old dull 3-hole punch I was using with my pencil marks as guides. A real beauty and such capacity...it could do 3 whole pages at a time!


And here's my brand new Staples delight! What took me an hour before took me 5 minutes with this puppy! I was squealing with delight!


And if you're like me and still have a stapler that looks like the one in the foreground, get right out there to Staples and get the one in the background (they come in really cool colors). As it turns out, mankind has also made a huge leap forward in stapler technology! Who knew??

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You crack me up! You are taking such delight in the simple things of life. Sounds like you are getting your zeal back....keep it up. Question though....doesn't IU provide office supplies or are you required to buy your own??? Just a thought. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jiles,

    So glad the chemo portion is over for you. Also, thrilled for you and family for your Arizona trip. You're also in my thoughts and prayers girlfriend!
    TFWC love,
    Gracia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Lady! Arizona here! Also, so glad to hear chemo portion is over! So sorry I have been so negligent to write at least a bit better in the prayer category. You are such a special person that it doesn't surprise me all the support you have received! God never ceases to amaze me when He creates such a person as you - that can touch others the way you do in the midst of their personal crisis'! We have been unindated with winter visitors - my mom is still here(since Feb.), Maxine & Betsy, CarolAnn's daughter - Karen, my niece comes in two weeks, then Tom Dreyer in May. I'd be rich if I ran a B & B! It was great having Maxine for 2 weeks - she really need the break and we had lots of laughter! Tuscon will be awesome - so glad the whole family can join you. If there is any chance we can see you too - let's be in touch! Are you flying into Phoenix - need any help with cars or travel arrangement thru Phoenix - we are only 20 minutes from the airport. But we definetly don't want to encroach on a much deserved family get-a-way - just let us know. We love you all so very much! Jolynn & Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. How about inundated with company! Whoops! That's what I get for trying to sound intelligent - we have had a whole lot of company!!!!!

    ReplyDelete